- Java 8
- Spring (Web, Security, Integration)
- RESTful Web APIs
- Hibernate, H2, HSQLDB
- IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse
- Tomcat 8
- Version Control (git)
- Agile Methodology
- Windows, Mac and Linux (Debian/RHEL/CentOS)
- HTML5 / CSS3
SENIOR Software Developer
UXP Systems, Inc., Toronto, ON, February 2017 - Present
UXP Systems, Inc., Toronto, ON, April 2013 - February 2017
Working as a member within the Research and Development team responsible for building the User Lifecycle Management (ULM) product.
Roles and responsibilities of this position include:
- Consultations with Product Owners to gather and refine product requirements.
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to other members within the team.
- Writing high-level and detailed software design documents for both non-functional and functional software enhancements
- Working with Solution Delivery teams providing technical guidance with third-party system integration and defect resolutions
- Working as part of a Solution Delivery team to deliver unique customer-specific solutions and integration with external systems
- Member of a small Research and Development team to integrate the MINT Digital Experience Engine with Ericsson's Mediaroom IPTV Platform, enhancing the solution to provide deep personalization for households. This solution was successfully delivered to a Canadian telecommunications operator.
- Engaging in informal and formal code reviews to provide and receive feedback on code within the Research and Development teams, as well as cross-functional reviews across additional internal teams.
- Providing technical guidance to build a scalable Highly Available solution
- Designed, implemented and tested a High Availability (HA) strategy across all components of the MINT Digital Experience Engine
- Led engagements with consulting firms to improve on a design for Highly Available components, and to design a geographically redundant strategy for the product
- Working with Quality Assurance teams to triage and resolve issues discovered